New Hackensack Fire Company

Home of the 52 Crew

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
New Hackensack Fire Company

New Hackensack's history stretches back to 1948.  Prior to the birth of the fire district and fire company, there was no fire protection and homes and barns just burned to the ground in what became known as "No Man's Land".  During this time, however, a fatal fire claimed the life of an elderly woman who lived on New Hackensack Road.  The incident became a reminder to the public that fire protection was a necessity.  The patrons of Mount Hope Grange and members from the New Hackensack Dutch Reformed Church decided to take some action.  A petition by local residents prompted the Wappinger Town Board to approve a new fire district.  On March 3, 1949, the New Hackensack Fire District and Fire Company were formed.  This website is dedicated to all of the men and women who devoted their time to make New Hackensack what it is today.

 

 

Contact Information:

New Hackensack Fire District

217 Myers Corners Road

Wappingers Falls, New York  12590

Emergency Phone: Dial 911

Business Phone: (845) 297-3897

Business Fax: (845) 297-2122

Email:  This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it